History Archives
AnnouncementsCalendar of EventsHistory ArchivesMembershipCurrent ProjectsFundraising

Chapline Street

History Research |
Town History | House Histories

Originally this was called in the deeds a back street. It was called Potomac Street by 1877, and apparently was renamed Chapline Street in 1881. At the west edge of town it connects with Snyder’s Landing Road, leading down to the old Chapline family’s Mount Pleasant estate and to the road and river landing along the C&O Canal.

Chapline front page sign

Lot A Lot D
229 W. Chapline St.

306 W. Chapline St.

308W. Chapline St

Lot A deed abstract Lot D deed abstract

Home | Announcements | Calendar of Events | History Archives | Membership | Current Projects | Fundraising | Join | Contact | Directions
2005 Any comments, questions, or concerns in regards to the web site, contact the Webmaster